Top Social

Life As We Know It.

Monday, 24 April 2017
    


Everything is about to change. Our Baby is officially due next week and I am more than ready. I feel so relaxed and ready for the changes that are about to happen. I know there will be things happening that I can't control or predict, but I will deal with those issues as they occur. 

"My philosophy is that worrying means you suffer twice."- Newt Scamander.

During my maternity leave so far we have managed to declutter the house of all the crap we have accumulated. I didn't realise how much stuff a small human being needs so every bit of space is essential! We have also managed to get on top of all the odd jobs that needing doing around the house and in the garden, the last thing you want to be worrying about when looking after a new baby is the fact your garden looks like a jungle or your clothes washing has piled up and that's BEFORE you add all the baby's washing on top of that. 

I've also been using my maternity leave as a way to do all the things I love to do, that may be a little harder when Baby first arrives. Reading is such a huge love of mine and something that I do a lot of in my free time, however I think that managing to pick up a book is going to be nigh on impossible, especially in the first few weeks. So I have been taking the time to sit, even if it just for an hour a day, to read a book. 

Myself and Aaron are also enjoying going out for meals whenever we can. I know we will still do that when Baby is here but we're really making the most of our last trips out with just the two of us before the craziness that is parenthood starts!
I also went out for a meal with my girlfriends last week to a lovely Italian and my god it was good. It was nice to all get together and have a catch up. I am the first of my friends to have a baby so it's exciting to think that my baby will be joining us for our next meal! The girls are just as excited as me!

Baby C's nursery is all ready and raring to go! Although they won't be sleeping in there for the first 6 months or so we wanted to make sure it was all ready and it's one last thing to worry about when baby is here. I have taken some little sneak peek photos of their nursery and will be doing a blog post about them at some point this week! Their room is definitely my favourite in the house, I feel so happy and content when I go in. 

It's just a waiting game at the minute and we are more than ready to welcome our latest addition! I can't wait to finally have our baby in our arms. Change can be a wonderful thing and the best change is coming...